The Church believes marriage to be a religious institution. All weddings held on Church property must conform to the Church’s “Marriage and Wedding Policy”
MARRIAGE AND WEDDING POLICY
There are few things as joyous as celebrating a wedding! Here is what you need to know about hosting your wedding at Mission Community Church. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
God established marriage as a sacred covenant between one man and one woman to reflect Christ’s relationship with His Church (Eph. 5:21-23). In keeping with biblical teaching, the Church requires the following for any couple seeking to celebrate a marriage at the Church:
Faith – Both bride and groom must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ (2 Cor. 6:14).
Celibacy – The engaged couple must live separately before their wedding day. Sexual intimacy is to be celebrated exclusively within marriage (1 Thess. 4:3).
Man / Woman Monogamy – Marriage is a sacred union of one man and one woman. Mission Community Church does not recognize, nor will it take part in, any ceremony that does not meet this basic criteria (Gen. 2:24; Matt. 19:4-5).
Premarital Counseling – The engaged couple must participate in a Christian based premarital counseling program prior to the wedding ceremony. Please schedule enough time in advance to allow adequate time for premarital counseling.
Church Membership/Attendance – Either the bride or groom or their parents must be members or regular attendees at the Church. [Note: This provision is optional and is not required should the church choose to allow its facilities to be used for weddings of members of the community who are not members of the church.] - We have to decide what we will do
Because the Church believes that marriage is designed to be a life-long union, the Church does not take part in remarriages except under the following circumstances:
Death – The former spouse is deceased (Rom. 7:2; 1 Cor. 7:39).
Marital Unfaithfulness – The former spouse committed adultery against the spouse seeking remarriage (Matt. 5: 32, 19:3-9).
Desertion – The spouse seeking remarriage was deserted by a spouse (1 Cor. 7:15).
Finally, for any weddings celebrated outside the Church, the Pastors and staff of Mission Community Church shall only officiate weddings and solemnize marriages between one man and one woman.
I (the User) affirm that:
1. I understand that the Church does not allow its facilities to be used in a way that conflicts with its statement of faith.
2. To the best of my knowledge, the purpose for which I am requesting use of the Church’s facilities will not contradict the Church’s faith, and I commit to promptly disclose any potential conflict of which I am aware or become aware of to Church staff.
3. I understand that the Church does not allow its facilities to be generally available to the public, and that my use of these facilities is subject to the Elders approval, which is conditioned in part on my agreement to the requirements in the “Church Facility Use Policy,” which I have read and understood.
4. I understand that upon approval of my facilities use request, I may need to provide a security deposit, a certificate of insurance, and any other fees required by the Church.
5. I understand that I will be responsible for any damages to the Church facilities resulting from this proposed use of facilities.
6. I understand that the Church believes disputes are to be worked out between parties pursuant to Matthew 18 and 1 Corinthians 6, without recourse to the courts. Accordingly, I agree to attempt resolution of any disputes through Christian mediation.
PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW