FACILITY USE APPLICATION
Please read through our application and fill out the form below. We will notify you once we have reviewed your application. If you have any questions or need to send us further information please email it to us at email@example.com.
* If this application is for a wedding you will need to fill out our marriage and wedding application as well. Please click HERE to go to that application.
CHURCH FACILITY USE POLICY
The Church’s facilities were provided by God’s benevolence and the sacrificial generosity of its members. All Church property is consecrated and set apart to worship God (Colossians 3:17) and therefore is to be used exclusively to glorify God and edify the Body of Christ. Although the facilities are not generally open to the public, the Church makes its facilities available to approved members and non-members on a case-by-case basis as a witness to its faith, in a spirit of Christian charity, and as a means of demonstrating the Gospel of Jesus Christ in practice.
The Church’s facilities may not be used for activities that contradict, or are inconsistent with, the Church’s beliefs, as summarized in the Church’s statement of faith. Click HERE to read our statement of faith.
This restricted facility use policy is necessary for two reasons. First, the Church may not in good conscience materially cooperate in activities or promote beliefs that are contrary to its faith (2 Corinthians 6:14; 1 Thessalonians 5:22). Second, the Church must present a consistent public witness to the community through the stewardship of its property. Allowing facilities to be used by those who express beliefs or engage in practices contrary to the Church’s faith would have a severe, negative impact on the message that the Church strives to promote and could cause confusion and scandal to Church members and the community. Therefore, only events that are consistent with the Church’s religious beliefs, as determined by Elders, shall be permitted.
The Elders must approve all Church facility use requests. Priority shall be given to Church members and Church-sponsored groups or activities.
Facility use requests shall be made online by submitting the form below. The event will be reserved and placed on the church calendar only when the Elders approve the use.
Use of Church facilities may be subject to a security deposit of $100 and a nonrefundable maintenance fee of $100, which can be waived in the Elders sole discretion. Church members are exempt from this fee because maintenance of the facilities is derived from member tithes and offerings.
For all non-Church-sponsored events, the User may have to obtain liability insurance coverage in a designated amount, naming the Church as an additional insured. The User may also have to sign a “Facility Use and an Indemnity and Hold Harmless Agreement.”
In the Church’s sole discretion, Church facilities may be made available to members and non-members or outside groups the “User” must agree to the following qualifications:
1. The User must affirm that the planned facility use does not violate the Church’s faith and practice.
2. The User must complete the online form below.
3. The User must agree to abide by the Church’s rules of conduct for facility use, as stated below and as described in any additional instructions by Church staff.
4. The User must take responsibility for the facilities and equipment used.
FACILITY USE GUIDELINES
1. Users may only enter and use those areas of the facilities that have been reserved.
2. Food and Beverages are restricted to the Fellowship Hall and Kitchen.
3. Alcohol: No alcohol may be served on church property.
4. Smoking is prohibited in any indoor Church facility.
5. Sex-specific changing areas, restrooms, and showers are to be used by members of the designated biological sex only.
6. Church equipment must be returned to original placement unless arranged otherwise prior to the event.
7. All lights must be turned off and doors locked upon departure.
8. Abusive or foul language, violent behavior, and drug or alcohol abuse are strictly prohibited on church premises. Any person exhibiting such behavior will be required to leave the premises.
9. Parking - We have a limited number of parking spaces on our lot. We are allowed to use the BankStar parking lot during their non-business hours.